|Royal Anglesey Yacht Club (Beaumaris Rowing Club)|
|LL58 8BY, United Kingdom|
Beaumaris Rowing Club invites you to take part in the Puffin Island Race for WSR Celtic Longboats and suitable fixed-seat rowing boats. The crews will row from the historic town of Beaumaris, along the scenic Menai Strait, around the majestic Puffin Island and back through the challenging Puffin Sound to return to Beaumaris.
At the Royal Anglesey Yacht Club:
- Registration: From 9.00am
- Tea & coffee and bacon & sausage baps on sale from 9.00am
- Coxes Briefing: 10.45am
- Start:11.30am from the RAYC line Finish: RAYC line
- RAYC downstairs bar opens at 11am
- After the race lunch – Free to competitors
Supporters – please buy lunch token @ £3 from registration desk
- Followed by results & presentation of prizes
Please note that the race will start on time so that boats can row through Puffin Sound at slack water.
Race decision: 6.30am – Contact John Williams (Race Officer)
Tel: 01248 811166 Mob: 07756 958671
Rescue Boat Manager: Guy Williams Mob: 07793 152823
On-shore Safety Officer: Richard Fisher
Would clubs please inform Peter Read of the number of people coming and the number of boats taking part by Tuesday 3rd July to enable catering and safety boats to be arranged. Beaumaris Rowing Club cannot guarantee to accept entries made after this date.
Phone: 01248 490563 E-mail: email@example.com
Race Fee: £6 per head
- All rowers & coxes must bring with them to the venue a life-jacket or buoyancy aid in case on the day of the event the Race Officer makes the wearing of these mandatory for all crew.
- It will be mandatory for all boats to carry a vhf: if you need to borrow a vhf, please inform the Race Secretary in advance. It is desirable to carry also a mobile phone in a waterproof pouch because the Island can block a vhf signal.
- Please park and unload trailers on the Stones area of Beaumaris Green. All tow vehicles are required by the Town Council to park on the main part of the Green and to buy a £4 parking ticket.
- Please return the trophies awarded last year:
First Boat Home Shield – Ynys Mon
First Mixed Crew – Porthmadog RC [black puffin statue]
Ladies trophy – Porthmadog RC [bronze puffin statue]
- Camping and over-night boat storage is available at Kingsbridge Caravan & Camping Park. Early booking is advised.
Tel 01248 49073
|30/05/2020||Canceled||Challenge Races 2020||2020|