WSR Insurance Information
AWAITING FINAL CONTENT
Incident Recording Guidlines
We would recommend that a designated person within your organisation is made responsible to record any reportable accident.
Records must be kept for at least 3 years. Names and addresses of any possible witnesses should also be recorded.
Current legislation does not specify the format of an accident register but the Accident Book BI 510 obtainable from HMSO is frequently used and is approved by the Information Commissioner for D&A Compliance.
The register must contain the following information relating to all reportable accidents or dangerous occurrences:
- date and time of accident
- as regards a person at work – full name; occupation; nature of injury; age
- as regards a person not at work – full name; status [e.g. customer]; nature of injury; age
- place where accident occurred
- a brief description of the circumstances
- method by which the event was reported.