Each of the affiliated Clubs benefit from Membership of Welsh Sea Rowing.
To enable becoming a member of WSR, your chosen club must be affiliated to WSR. Club affiliation is done every year, please go to the Club Affiliation link for more details.
The Welsh Sea Rowing Constitution details the benefits provided by and the responsibilities of the organisation.
Each affiliated club is responsible for reporting any incidents involving sea rowing, to help to monitor and improve safety, using the Welsh Sea Rowing Reportable Incident Report Form.
The requirements of each affiliated club are determined by the Welsh Sea Rowing Conditions of Affiliation.
See Welsh Sea Rowing Safety Guidelines.
WSR Template Membership documents
Before affiliation can be accepted for the year starting in April, WSR requires some basic information from your club. This is to enable us to keep the necessary records and to update our information on each club in our database.
Individuals who are to be taken out as passengers in a boat would also need to be affiliated (and therefore insured) through the league. The expectation would be that they would pay the adult or junior WSR Membership fee to cover this.
Membership of Welsh Sea Rowing has the following benefits for individuals
1. Personal Insurance.
2. Participation in competitive league races.
3. Access to workshops that aim to improve rowing skills and techniques
4. Members can also benefit from the knowledge and enthusiasm of qualified Welsh Sea Rowing fixed seat rowing coaches.
In addition, the membership fee enables Welsh Sea Rowing to:
1. Support a website that provides up to date news and information about events, races etc.
2. Administer the races and leagues.
3. Promote the sport of sea rowing to the wider community, ensuring the vitality of the sport and clubs is sustained by new members.
4. Manage the Celtic Longboat design and construction process.
5. Organise workshops to improve rowing skills and techniques.
6. Manage and support a list of qualified fixed seat rowing coaches.
7. Provide a point of contact for individuals and organisations seeking general or specific information about sea rowing in Wales.
8. Liaise with Welsh Rowing to ensure the sport is effectively represented.
9. Supply clubs with Health & Safety advice and recommendations.