The past 18 months have been challenging for us all. We’ve all been touched and impacted by SARS Covid-19 in one way or another. During this time, your WSR committee have not been idle, a lot has gone on:
- WSR is now a limited Company – this move safeguards both members and your Exec Committee.
- In conjunction with Welsh Rowing, we have provided regular updates and guidance for rowing in a constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Major progress has been made towards organising the European Coastal Championships due to be held in 2023.
- Covid circumstances have promoted and enhanced the use of virtual technology – all Exec meetings and last years AGM have been held via Zoom.
- Similarly, coxing and safety workshops have been developed and delivered to over 50 members, virtually, across the majority of Clubs within the Association. And another 2 are due to be held in November & December.
- The forthcoming events workshop is being delivered via Zoom.
- WSR were an integral part of the organising and promotion of the 5 miles from home challenge, which was held both on the water and virtually.
- Major progress has been made towards organising the World Rowing Coastal Championships and Beach Sprint Finals due to be held in Saundersfoot October 2022.
So, although there has been minimal rowing activity, we have endeavoured to keep things ticking over. Similarly, whilst the finances of the organisation have been challenged due to reduced membership and activity, actions were put in place to safeguard the organisation going forward.
But, as a committee, we shouldn’t rest on our laurels. We need to understand what we’ve done right but also where we can make improvements.
With this in mind, we’d be grateful if you could take time out to complete this survey. It’s completely confidential, but the results we collate will help to effectively address the inevitable challenges we face in the future.
Please note if you have more than one member of your household who wishes to complete the survey they can do so by using a different device to open the link above or using a different browser on the device that has already been used.